Type: Full Time
Areas: Administration - Secondary (MS and HS) Principal
Location: Brazil - Brasilia DF
The British School of Brasilia is seeking to appoint a suitably-experienced, creative, and dynamic leader of the highest quality. The Head of Secondary will play a pivotal role in the strategic development of The British School of Brasilia as a member of the senior leadership team, deputising for the Headteacher. We are looking to recruit a candidate with tremendous drive and enthusiasm in order to build on the firm foundations established in our Primary School.
Prospective candidates will possess visionary leadership skills, with a proven track record of real gravitas, positivity and presence within a school community; the ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of KS3, KS4 and Post-16, with particular emphasis on the knowledge and competence for establishing IGCSE and IB programmes. The successful candidate will demonstrate an exceptional ability to lead a team and gain the best possible level of performance from every pupil and teacher. A key part of the role is to achieve the highest standards of teaching and learning with a focus on both the academic and personal development of our students. It is desirable for candidates to have knowledge and/or experience of working in Latin America.
We are seeking a professional who:
- Is UK-trained or has relevant UK curriculum experience.
- Enjoys a professionally-stimulating environment and is aligned with the school’s aims, policies and ethos.
- Will lead by example as a teacher and as a manager, setting appropriate expectations for staff and pupils in relation to standards of pupils’ achievements and the quality of teaching;
- Has good interpersonal skills and can establish and sustain effective, positive working relationships with all staff, pupils, parents and the local community.
- Can contribute significantly to policy development and organisation by playing a leading role in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the Whole School Development Plan.
- Possesses excellent IT skills.
- Is reflective and actively seeks improvement of practices and standards to develop our Secondary School to a world class level.
- Has experience of launching, establishing or developing IGCSE and IB programmes.
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and retention bonus.
- High-standard of accommodation.
- Annual travel allowance.
- Comprehensive medical cover
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- The opportunity for promotion and development both within the school and The British Schools Foundation.
The closing date is 6th November 2020, although early applications are strongly encouraged.
Applications must be submitted via the BSB application form which can be found here:
Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates in Brasilia/by Skype for applicants based overseas.
The British Schools Foundation (BSF) and all BSF schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including qualification checks, references, checks with current/past employers, ICPC, and an enhanced DBS.